I really appreciate Januarys. There is a stillness that makes room for reflection and renewal at the same time. As I am packing away all the sparkle and abundance from the holidays I find myself reflecting on the highlights of the past year and also pondering opportunities for the New Year.
Our past year at Cool Stitches was full of wonderful sewing projects that were fun and useful. We began bringing you more printed patterns from digital once we determined a pattern printing company that worked well for us. We're working with more designers who are offering their digital products at wholesale pricing so we can do this for you. It's exciting because it means we can sew new projects sooner!
We had three very active series and fun projects across the board. Which were your favorites, and how many did you get done? I enjoyed them all and look forward to our sewing adventures for 2023. I appreciate each of you for your support and business! It's so fun to have you here and hear from you. Thank you.
Here are the highlights from our sewing projects in 2022. Photos are coming so visit often.
Our Bags Totes and Organizers projects featured a variety of designers and styles. Some were challenging with new techniques and materials, and some provided a reprieve in their simplicity with an eye toward good design. Here they are!
- Technicolor Tote by Sue Spargo
- Nina Tote by Around the Bobbin
- BowTie Clutch by Zakka
- Bucket Tote by Mrs H
- Cappacino by Around the Bobbin
- Anna Tote by Sallie Tomato
- Elsie K by Studio Kat
- Captivation Clutch by Mrs H
- Fionn by ithinksew
- Passport Wallet by Sallie Tomato
- The Classic Handbag by Mrs H
Our Sew Fun projects had a nice variety of projects, clever techniques, and so many uses! These smaller projects were great for a weekend sew and made plenty of gifting opportunities too. I can hardly choose a favorite from these they were so fun to make.
- Russel Pencil Case by Sallie Tomato
- Wall Boxes by Vanilla House Designs
- Trinket Trays by Jennifer Jangles
- A Little Something by Stitchin' Sisters
- Fobio Zipper Key Fobs by Lazy Girl Designs
- Simply Sunny Eyeglass Case by Sew Cute and Quirky
- Sew Simple Apron by Aunties Two
- Hot Stuff Case by Around the Bobbin
- Christmas Tree Quilt As You Go by
- Minky Infinity Scarves by Shannon Fabrics
- Party Slippers by Aunties Two
- Microwave Hot Holders by Indygo Junction
Our garment focused series was full of great wardrobe builders from indie designers! It was nice to pull from our favorite designers and introduce popular, new ones too. I'm excited about my me-made additions to my wardrobe. How about you?
- Marlo Sweater by True Bias
- Tabor V Neck by Sew House Seven
- Arenite Pants by Sew Liberated
- Julie Skirt by Foldline
- Enmore Halter Dress by Liesl
- Carolyn Pajamas by Closet Core
- Galica Top by Itch to Stitch
- A Little Something Jacket by CNT
- Crossover Cardi by J Stern Designs
We always order extras for each project so at the end of the year we have some of our projects or patterns available in limited numbers. Watch for these and get on the email list for special pricing! I'm working on posting the available sewing project kits and patterns now and will feature them in our emails.
What do you like in a blog?
I am reinvigorating our blog with reviews, ideas, tips, projects, and general goings on in the studio. Continued focus is on being a hub for enthusiasts, designers, and experts so you can count on lots of references!
As I work on this, I'd love to know what you appreciate most in a blog post.
More on this in the next post! New posts will be announced in our FaceBook group and via email. You know what to do. ;)
Thanks for being here! Debbi